With 95 per cent of its constituents being water, celery is considered to be a powerfoodfilled with fibre and has an endless health property.
Here go some of the health benefits of celery, reports The Times of India.
1. Celery has blood pressure reducing properties.It relaxes the muscles of the arteries thatregulate blood pressure so the vessels dilate. Celery also reduces stress hormones whichcan cause blood vessels to constrict.
2. It helps you calm down and gives relief from stress. If you have a celery-based snackin the evening, you will sleep better.
3. The fiber is very good for weight loss.You can add it in your salad and soups.
4. Celery aids digestion. The high water content combined with insoluble fiber in it helpseasy passage of stool.
5. Celery is good for your vision. One large stalk of celery can deliver up to 10 per centof your daily need for Vitamin A.
6. Celery reduces bad cholesterol. Research shows that just two stalks of celery a day canreduce LDL by up to seven points.
7. Celery can boost your arousal levels and in turn your sex life.
8. Celery is considered a smart carb. It contains no white sugar or chemicals, and has ahigh ratio of nutrition as compared to its carbohydrate level