Home / Sylhet / Shop gutted, in Sylhet

Shop gutted, in Sylhet

54A man was injured when a shop was gutted in a devastating fire that broke out at the Sylhet City Corporation’s market at Laldighirpar area in the city on Sunday.

The injured was identified as Parvej Ahmed, 28, a businessman of the market.Later, he was taken to the Sylhet MAG Osmani Medical College Hospital soon after the incident around 12:30pm.

Locals said that the fire originated from the explosion of a gas cylinder around 12:00pm at a corner of the Light Gas Store and soon engulfed the entire shop. Loss amounting to about Tk 1 lakh was incurred at this, they said.

On information, locals and fire fighters rushed to the spot and extinguished the flame around 1:00pm, they added

Leave a Reply