The education ministry issued show-cause notices to 1,209 educational institutions for not responding to the ministry over the allegation of taking extra admission fees, the education minister said today.
Only 830 institutions refunded the extra fees that they took from the SSC applicants in the name of fees for form fill up among a total of 3038 institutions.
On the other hand a total of 999 institutions said they did not take any extra fees, the minister said.
Earlier on February 25, the ministry served notices asking school authorities to come up with their explanation within 30 days, Nurul Islam Nahid said at a press briefing at the Secretariat.
“It does not matter which institutions are powerful and which are not. All are the same to us. Therefore, same law will be applicable for all,” Nahid said.
If they do not respond to the show-cause notices or the ministry finds their answer unsatisfactory, the government will act as per the High Court order in this regard, the minister warned.
A report prepared by education boards, Directorate of Secondary and Higher Education (DSHE) and other government agencies was submitted today with a list of institutions who took extra fees, who returned and who did not take it, he said.