Ten shops were gutted as a fire broke out in Fenchu gong area of the Sylhet in early hours of Tuesday.
Sylhet Fire Station in-charge said the fire broke out from an electric-short circuit in ‘Kolil ullah Market of the area around 5:00am and engulfed four other shops adjacent to it.
On information, three fire-fighting units rushed to the spot and brought the blaze under control.
No one was reportedly injured in the incident.
The affected traders said that the extent of loss could go up to Tk 50 lakh.