Home / Bangladesh / Kamrul to be repatriated after Eid

Kamrul to be repatriated after Eid

11Fourth suspect arrested

Bangla Mirror Desk:

Jeddah police received a letter on Wednesday from Interpol Dhaka office to start the procedure of sending back expatriate Bangladeshi Kamrul Islam, who appears to be the main culprit responsible for beating dead 13-year-old Rajon.
Altaf Hossain, first secretary at Bangladesh Consulate in Jeddah, confirmed about the Interpol’s sending the letter to Saudi police.
“The Jeddah police have sent Kamrul to jail  after completing official procedure from their custody,” he added.
Now, the Saudi Ministry of Interior will forward the Interpol’s letter to the Royal King for his approval to send back Kamrul to Dhaka, Altaf mentioned.
As the Saudi government offices will remain closed from Tuesday 14th July, it is difficult to send back the murder suspect, he said, adding that Kamrul will be repatriated to Dhaka soon after the Eid.
Altaf said the Interpol Dhaka office sent the letter to Riyadh police two or three days ago.
Earlier on Monday, Kamrul, who was caught by the Bangladeshi community in Jeddah, was handed over to police by the Bangladesh Consulate.

In Sylhet, Moyna Miah, a night guard, arrested on Tuesday night, was sent on seven-day remand by a court on Wednesday.
Police’s Detective Branch have been put on the case over the brutal beating of Samiul Alam Rajan, who later died of brain haemorrhage.
DB Inspector Suranjit Tarafdar will be in charge of the investigation, said Sylhet Metropolitan Police Additional Commissioner Rokonuddin.
Rajan was accused of stealing a rickshaw van on July 8 and tied to a pole of a shop at Kumargaon Bus Station.
One of his suspected assailants filmed the 28 minutes of merciless torture.
His left hand and right leg were wrung and the head, stomach and nails hit with a metal rod.
The shocking video went viral media and started a firestorm on social media.
Rajan, at one point, asked the men to turn him over to police, when one of them replied: “I am the police.”
Locals caught Muhith Alam, 22, and turned him over to police while he was taking the body in a microbus to dump it.
Alam was remanded in police custody for five days on Monday. His brother-in-law Ismail Hossain Ablus, 32, was also taken in for questioning for five days.
Police detained Alam’s wife Lipi Begum to find out more about the incident.
Police arrested Dulal Miah, 30, with the help of locals at Kumargaon’s Sheikhparha on Wednesday noon.
“Dulal is accused of taking part in the beating. He has been spotted in the torture video,” said Jalalabad police OC Akter Hossain.
Locals also aided in the arrest of Moyna Mia from Tukerbazar on Tuesday night. The 45-year-old was sent on seven-day remand when produced in court next day.

Police appealed to Sylhet Metropolitan Magistrate Shahedul Karim for 10 days to question him.

Ajmat Ullah and Feroz Ali, who witnessed the torture, made a confession before court on Tuesday.

Alam’s brother Kamrul Islam fled to Saudi Arabia but was captured in Jeddah.

Islam, a Saudi expatriate, left Bangladesh after he and several others beat Rajan dead.

The Bangladesh embassy, with the help of the local police, took Kamrul Islam into custody on Monday local time, Ambassador Golam Moshi told a source.