Home / Sylhet / Charge framing hearing Sept 22 in Rajon killing case

Charge framing hearing Sept 22 in Rajon killing case

32A Sylhet court here on Wednesday fixed September 22 for starting the hearing on the charge framing against 13 accused in connection with the Sheikh Samiul Alam Rajon killing case.
Sylhet Metropolitan Session Judge Akbar Hossain Mridha passed the order when police produced all the accused before the court except the three fugitive ones.
On September 7, the case for killing teenage boy Rajon was transferred to the Metropolitan Sessions Judge’s Court from the Metropolitan Magistrate’s Court-1.
Judge of Sylhet Metropolitan Magistrate’s Court-1 Md Shahedul Karim passed the order to transfer the case after the hearing on the case. The court also fixed September 16 for the next hearing.
On August 31, the same court asked the authorities concerned to publish advertisements in daily newspapers showing the three accused as fugitives. The three fugitive accused are Quamrul Islam, his brother Shamim Ahmed and Pavel.
On August 16, Suranjit Talukdar, inspector of the Detective Branch (DB) of police and investigation officer of the case, submitted a chargehseet against 13 people in connection with the murder case.
The chargesheeted accused are Quamrul Islam, Muhit Alam, 32, Shamim Alam, 20, Pavel Islam, 18, Ali Haider alias Ali, 34, Moyna Mia, 45, Nur Ahmed alias Nuru Mia, 20, Dulal Ahmed, 30, Ayaz Ali, 45, Taz Uddin Badal, 28, Firoz Mia, 50, Asmat Ali, 42, and Ruhul Amin, 25.
On July 8, 13-year-old boy Sheikh Samiul Alam Rajon, son of Sheikh Azizur Rahman of Badeali village in Sadar upazila, was brutally tortured to death over a theft at Sundar Ali Market in Kumargaon area of the city.
The killers themselves took the video footage of the incident. The video clip went viral on social networking site Facebook and video-sharing site Youtube which triggered a widespread outcry.
Among the fugitive accused, Quamrul Islam, 24, brother of main accused Muhit Alam, fled to Saudi Arabia after the incident where he was held by local Bangladeshis and then handed over to Jeddah police.