- Avoid smoking: Chewing tobacco and smoking cigarettes can stain the teeth. Quitting both the vices is the only way to get rid of this problem.
- Oil pulling: Organic or cold pressed oil like sesame oil, coconut oil and olive oil contain lipids that stop bacteria from sticking to the walls of your teeth. Take a spoonful of oil and swish it in your mouth for a minute. Spit it out and rinse your mouth well preferably with lukewarm water. Rich in antioxidants and vitaminE, these oils will help in whitening the teeth.
- Use of hydrogen peroxide: It is a powerful bleaching agent. This can whiten your teeth very effectually but it has some side effects too. So use it under the supervision of a good dentist.
- Use of Apple Cider Vinegar: ACV has natural teeth whitening properties. Mix two teaspoon of apple cider vinegar with half teaspoon of baking soda and use it few times a week to remove surface stains and whiten your teeth.
- Make and use a strawberry paste: To make your whitening paste, mash three strawberries in a cup and add half teaspoon of baking soda in it. Clean your teeth with this paste few times a week. The malic and citric acid present in strawberries help in removing stains and plaque from teeth.
- Paste of coconut oil and mint leaves: Mix two grams of crushed mint leaves with two to three tablespoons of coconut oil to make a whitening paste. Coconut oil is a natural emulsifier which helps in reducing stains and fighting off plaque and cavity causing bacteria. The mint leaves keep your breath fresh throughout the day.
- Make a whitening paste with baking soda: Baking soda is very effective in whitening the teeth. Take a teaspoon of baking soda and mix it to two teaspoons of water to make a paste. Brush your teeth few times a week with this paste and make your teeth brighter.
- Avoid drinking carbonated drinks: Regular consumption of carbonated drinks cause discolouration of teeth and enamel wear. Replace these unhealthy drinks with eight ounces of water every two hours to have healthy glittering teeth.
None of the above techniques can do miracles overnight. You have to follow these procedures for a couple of weeks and decrease the frequency to once or twice a week to gain natural whitening. But, these natural whitening home remedies cannot replace brushing your teeth twice a day and flossing them on regular intervals with a healthy toothpaste, soft bristled toothbrush and dental flosses approved by the American Dental Association for safe and effective oral treatment. Make sure to visit your dentist on a regular basis for professional care of your teeth. Your dentist can suggest you the best whitening procedure for your teeth. Now a sparkling smile is not that tough a mantra to achieve. Keep smiling in a healthy way.