Home / Sylhet / 5 members of a family dead after eating poisonous puffer fish in Sylhet

5 members of a family dead after eating poisonous puffer fish in Sylhet

3On Tuesday evening, five members of the same family including two children, died after eating poisonous puffer fish from Jaintapur in Darbast union in Sylhet.

The deceased people are identified as Abdur Rahim (60), his son Solaiman (35) and Lokman (30), two sons of Solaiman, Rohin (8) and Moni (7), all hailing from Mohail village. Solaiman’s wife Marufa Begum and five of their relatives from the same village including Borhan, Joynal and Razia are all under treatment after being injured from the incident.

Chairman of Jaintapur upazila confirmed the information and said 4 of the injured people are admitted and under treatment at Osmani Medical College Hospital and one is under Ragib Rabeya Medical College Hospital.

2Local source and police informed that after eating puffer fish with rice in the evening, Solaiman and his family members became ill. They were taken to Jaintapur Health Complex, and later to Osmani Medical College Hospital as their conditions deteriorated, where Solaiman was declared dead by on-duty doctor. His sons died later at the hospital.

Officer-in-charge of Jaintapur Police Station Shafiul Kabir was informed and is on his way to the spot.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*