Sylhet Office : A young man was killed and ten others were injured in a fire which broke out at a garage at Ashampara Bazar in Jointapur upazila on Tuesday night.
The deceased was identified as Redwan Ahmed, 20, son of Shahab Uddin of Laxmipur village.
Humayun Kabir, deputy director of Sylhet Fire Service and Civil Defence, said an electric short-circuit sparked the fire at the garage of one Alal Mia around 11:30pm, killing Redwan on the spot.
On information, a firefighting unit went to the spot and extinguished the blaze.
Nine people were injured in the fire and a firefighter sustained injuries during the rescue operation.
Three people, including the firefighter, were taken to Sylhet Osmani Medical College Hospital.
Three shops were also gutted in the fire.