Shilpa Shetty whipped up chilla (pancake) for breakfast but with oats that has many health benefits.
Shilpa Shetty swears by healthy eating. From sweet potato chips to choco-oat cookies, the cooking enthusiast has given us a lot of healthy versions of our favourite foods during the lockdown.
This time, the Dhadkan actor whipped up chilla (pancake) for breakfast. Instead of following the usual recipe, she made the dish with oats. She posted an Instagram story with a picture of the chilla she made.
Oats are known to be among the healthiest grains. They are gluten-free and a rich source of vitamins, minerals, fibre and antioxidants, according to Healthline. They promote weight loss while keeping blood sugar levels and cholesterol levels under control, reducing the risk of heart disease.
1 cup – Oats
1 1/2 cup – Butter milk
1 tsp – Ginger paste
1/2 tsp – Roasted cumin
1 – Green chilli
1/4 tsp – Pepper
1/2 tsp – Coriander powder
1/2 tsp – Red chilli powder
*In a flat pan, put the oats and roast till slightly brown.
* Transfer the roasted oats in a mixer and grind to make a powder.
* To this, add butter milk. Now add ginger paste, cumin powder, green chilli, pepper, coriander powder, red chilli powder and salt as per taste. Blend the ingredients in the mixer.
* Transfer the batter to a bowl.
* Oil a pan, and put a portion of the batter on it.
* Put it on medium flame and cover it for some time.