Two shops were completely gutted in a fire that broke out at Kamalganj upazila in Moulvibazar district on Saturday night.
The incident took place at a departmental store of Monaf Ali and a pharmacy of Dr Kanak Bhattacharya in Kathalkandi village market around 11:00 pm.
Locals said some passersby saw the fire and informed fire service.
On information, a team of Kamalganj Fire Service and Civil Defence douse the blaze but the shops were completely burnt with the time.
The estimated cost of the fire worth Tk 3 lakh, said a fire service personnel.
He initially assumed that the fire might have originated from a short circuit.