Home / Sylhet / School Boy’s body recovered from Sylhet policeman’s house; 3 held

School Boy’s body recovered from Sylhet policeman’s house; 3 held

46The body of a 10-year old abducted boy was recovered from the house of a police member at Kumarpara in the city on Saturday night, five days after his kidnap.

The deceased was identified as Abu Sayeed, son of Motin Mia. He was a class IV student of Roynagar Govt Primary School.

Police detained Constable Ebadur, district Olama League Secretary Abdur Rakib and RAB-police source Geda Mia for their alleged involvement in the abduction and murder.

Quoting victim’s father, Additional Deputy Commissioner Md Rahmat Ullah said: “Sayeed was abducted on Tuesday evening. The abductors first demanded Tk5 lakh and then Tk2 lakh ransom.”

Later, police and RAB tried to rescue Sayeed through tracking signal of the mobile phone used for the ransom call.

RAB 9 Company Commander ASP Mainuddin Chowdhury said they could not track exact location of the abductors as they were changing their location frequently

Meanwhile, police detained three persons in this connection. They are constable Ebadur Rahman of Airport thana, Ulema League’s city unit committee general secretary Abdur Rakib and RAB ‘source’ Geda Mia.

Sylhet Metropolitan Police additional deputy commissioner M Rahmatullah said Sayeed went missing since Tuesday. Some kidnappers demanded Tk 5 lakh in ransom from his family the same night. Later, the family members informed police about the abduction, he added.

Constable Ebadur, who was familiar to Sayeed’s family, and so-called RAB source Geda Mia convinced them to give the ransom to free the boy. They also took Tk 2 lakh from the family.

‘On suspicion of Ebadur’s activities, police tapped his phone calls with Geda Mia and confirmed about their involvement with the abduction and murder,’ Rahmatullah said.

Later, police raided Ebadur’s house on Saturday night and recovered the body of Sayeed wrapped in six sacks. The boy might have been killed three or four days ago, police said.

The body was handed over to the family after an autopsy at Sylhet Osmani Medical College Hospital.

Then Motin Mia filed a general diary with Kotwali police station on Wednesday night.