The United States has completed its first sale of Venezuelan oil, valued at $500 million, according to an administration official. Additional sales of oil are expected in the coming days and weeks, the official added. In the days since the United States attacked Venezuela and captured its president, Nicolás Maduro, earlier this month, President Donald Trump has made it clear ...
Read More »International
Death toll from crackdown on protests in Iran jumps to 2,571
The death toll from a crackdown on protests in Iran jumps to at least 2,571, activists said early Wednesday. The figure came from the U.S.-based Human Rights Activists News Agency, which has been accurate in multiple rounds of unrest in Iran in recent years. The activist group said 2,403 of the dead were protesters and 147 were government-affiliated. Twelve children ...
Read More »Trump warns of ‘very strong action’ if Iran hangs protesters
US President Donald Trump warned Tuesday of unspecified “very strong action” if Iranian authorities go ahead with threatened hangings of some protesters, with Tehran calling American warnings a “pretext for military intervention”. International outrage has built over the crackdown that a rights group said has likely killed thousands during protests posing one of the biggest challenges yet to Iran’s clerical ...
Read More »Around 2,000 people killed in Iran unrest
About 2,000 people, including security personnel, have been killed in protests in Iran, an Iranian official said on Tuesday (13 January), the first time authorities have acknowledged the high death toll from an intense crackdown on two weeks of nationwide unrest. The Iranian official, speaking to Reuters, said that what he called terrorists were behind the deaths of both protesters ...
Read More »Deaths from Iran protests reach more than 500
Unrest in Iran has killed more than 500 people, a rights group said on Sunday, as Tehran threatened to target US military bases if President Donald Trump carries out his renewed threats to intervene on behalf of protesters. With the Islamic Republic’s clerical establishment facing the biggest demonstrations since 2022, Trump has repeatedly threatened to get involved if force is ...
Read More »Sequestered Suu Kyi overshadows military-run Myanmar election
Ousted Myanmar leader Aung San Suu Kyi has been siloed in military detention since a 2021 coup, but her absence looms large over junta-run polls the generals are touting as a return to democracy. The Nobel Peace Prize laureate was once the darling of foreign diplomats, with legions of supporters at home and a reputation for redeeming Myanmar from a ...
Read More »Trump says US will deal with Greenland ‘easy way’ or ‘hard way’
US President Donald Trump on Friday again suggested the use of force to seize Greenland as he brushed aside Denmark’s sovereignty over the autonomous Arctic island. “We are going to do something on Greenland, whether they like it or not,” Trump said at a White House meeting with oil executives looking to benefit in Venezuela, where the United States last ...
Read More »Syrian government announces ceasefire in Aleppo
Syria’s defense ministry announced a ceasefire in several neighborhoods of Aleppo on Friday after days of deadly clashes with Kurdish fighters. “To prevent any slide toward a new military escalation within residential neighborhoods, the Ministry of Defense announces a ceasefire in the vicinity of the Sheikh Maqsoud, Alashrafieh and Bani Zeid neighborhoods of Aleppo, effective from 3:00 AM,” the ministry ...
Read More »Snow forces around 140 flight cancellations in Paris
Around 100 flights were cancelled at Paris’s Charles de Gaulle airport on Wednesday morning because of snowfall and fierce cold, and a further 40 were cancelled at Orly airport, France’s transport minister said. The flights disruptions had already been anticipated late Tuesday, and Transport Minister Philippe Tabarot told CNews television he was “hoping the situation returns to normal this afternoon”.
Read More »Maduro pleads not guilty, insists still president
Ousted Venezuelan president Nicolas Maduro pleaded not guilty to drug trafficking and other charges at a defiant appearance in a New York court Monday, two days after being snatched by US forces in a stunning raid on his home in Caracas. Maduro, 63, told a federal judge in Manhattan “I’m innocent. I’m not guilty.” Smiling as he entered the courtroom ...
Read More »
Weekly Bangla Mirror | Bangla Mirror, Bangladeshi news in UK, bangla mirror news