Home / Sylhet / Youth dies from electrocution in Sunamganj

Youth dies from electrocution in Sunamganj

A young man died from electrocution at Dharmapasha upazila in Sunamganj district early Thursday.

The dead was Hares Mia, 35, a resident of Chakiachapur village under Paikurati union of the upazila.
Local UP member Kamrul Hasan said the young man came in contact with an electric wire while he was disconnecting a charger from his auto-rickshaw at his house around 1 am, leaving him injured.

He was rescued and taken to the upazila health complex where he was declared dead by the on-duty doctor.

Dharmapasha Police Station officer-in-charge Mizanur Rahman confirmed the matter.